BENJAMIN FRANKLIN MUSSELMAN 1831-1912

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN MUSSELMAN:

Benjamin was born in 1831 and died in 1912. He apparently resided in Lancaster County, PA his entire life. He was the father of Elizabeth Musselman, who married Charles Garner - making Benjamin my gr-gr-gr grandfather.

The below photo of him during the Civil War was given to me in among all the other photos from Grandma Garner.  It was not labeled and I set it aside until it could be identified.  Later 2 different distant cousins mentioned it but R. Schneider actually shared a labeled copy  - I was excited to know who the person was.

He served in the Civil War in Company E of the 135th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry from Aug. 1862 until May 1863.
Personal collection
   Benjamin is line 4 on the above document.



Source: AG McMillin, Reba Garner, Ron Schneider
  Benjamin Franklin Musselman in uniform 1862-63


Source: R. Schneider
Ben and Anna's marriage license 25 Jan. 1853

Benjamin Franklin Musselman is listed as the son of David and Elizabeth (Brestly) Musselman on his marriage license to Anna Mosser/Musser on Jan. 25, 1853 in Lancaster, PA.


    **I want to thank a distant cousin,  R. Schneider,  for sharing his thoughts and research on our mutual  ancestors**



Comments

  1. I do not have any problem whatsoever with people "sharing" photos, etc. of common ancestors. However, I do wish those who share would acknowledge where they got the information. The photo of B.F. Musselman in uniform was MY photograph that I had restored and posted on Ancestry for all to see. BF was my gg grandfather.
    Albert G. McMullin, Sarasota, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was given this photo by my grandma and then received another one via a distant cousin R. Schneider. I do really try to make sure that I source where I get photos and info if it is not something I have in my personal collection. The Mussleman side is my maternal grandfather's and I suspect that it just got lumped in with all the other photos my grandma had and gave to me prior to her death in 1996.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY