CLARA E. (STOVER) AMES

Clara was the daughter of John and Mary Ida (Wolf) Stover.  I never really paid much attention to her as she was gone long before I came along, no one talked about her, and while her name is on the 1900 and 1910 census with her family after that she disappears.

On a recent call with my Aunt Fran, she commented about "mom's sister who died birthing twins". I went back to the census and saw that Clara had to be the correct one as the rest I knew or knew about them or knew their spouses.

So off to Ancestry I went to pursue this line of thought. I found Clara's death cert:
Yep, her death was caused by childbirth, and it gave me her husband's name to look for.

I did not find birth certificates for the babies (yes, twins) but I did find them on Ancestry. Laura and Mary both born and died in 1915 and buried at Ranck's Cemetery.  It also lists Clara, born 1895 and died 1915. I haven't found a marriage certificate for her and Earl yet.



Thanks to Find a Grave for the photo of Clara's and the twins tombstone:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY