DAR APPLICATION - 1968 - JOHANN "JOHN" ROESSLER/RESSLER (pgs 20-33)

My grandma helped her cousin Nina do this back in the 1960's so that Nina could join the DAR - at that point she was the only person in the DAR with John Ressler as her patriot ancestor (I am the second person to use him - 50 years later). Anyway most of this I already had as it was in with Grandma's papers, however, I didn't know how complete it was so I ordered the application papers from the DAR last year and was surprised to find out that I actually did have most of these papers already. However, I am posting what was in the DAR packet because all the papers are included.

Nina was descended thru Daniel's son Christian, I am descended thru Daniel's son John. Daniel was the son of Jacob and Susanna (Boehm/Beam) Ressler, and the grandson of John Ressler.

A side note: I have never seen or heard what Johann "John" Ressler's wife name was and she does not appear in any documentation I have ever seen.  My grandmother stated on several occasions that the wife never made it to the Colonies from Germany.  Considering she was very interested in her family  history, and knew most of it by heart, I have to believe that she honestly did not know what happened to her.  I have heard 2 versions of said story: 1) she died when Jacob was young and Johann brought Jacob to the Colonies to start a new life. 2) She died on board the ship on the crossing from Germany. I cannot prove or disprove either theory, or maybe neither theory - that is another research project to add to an already long list.

That being said, there are 33 pages of records in the original packet, which covered about 200 years in Nina's paternal line. At this point, everyone in her records is dead and I am going to post them to help anyone else in John Ressler's line who would like to simply have the information.

Pg. 20

Pg. 21

Pg. 22

Pg. 23

Pg. 24


Pg. 25

Pg. 26


Pg. 27


Pg. 28

Pg. 29



Pg. 30


Pg. 31

Pg. 32


Pg. 33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY