PASTOR JAMES APPLEBACH, KILGORE, NEB.

James Applebach graduated from a Bible college in Omaha, NEB in 1960.  The first church he was accepted at was in Kilgore, NEB in early 1964.

I was actually looking for info on my mother-in-laws family who passed through Nebraska in the late 1800's from Missouri to Montana.  Imagine my surprise when I came across a listing for the church records on microfiche of the Kilgore Baptist Church.  The local library here helped me order it and the below images are mostly from that microfiche of the church records.

Source: Personal Collection



I only found mention of my parents on a few pages in the later part of the records, but combined with photos and documents that I already had, I felt like I knew a little bit more about them at this point in their lives.

 Jan. 26, 1964 if accepted, would church support him?


Feb. 7, 1964 - he is accepted as pastor.  
Feb. 16, 1964 - his first sermon as new pastor. The same day, James' name appears
in the notes for a business meeting.


July 19, 1964 accepted for ordination.
August 30, 1964 pastor asked for raise (my note: expecting baby in Dec.)






Source: Personal Collection

James Applebach was ordained in Kilgore, NEB in September 1964. The below picture is my parents at the ordination (mom is noticeably pregnant).  The clipping is from a newspaper in Lancaster that grandma Garner sent to mom.
Source: Personal Collection
Source: Personal Collection
Source: Personal Collection
Pastor & Mrs. Applebach be made members of this church. I would have thought the church would have wanted the pastor to be a member immediately, not several months after coming as pastor.


Became members on Nov. 22, 1964 and removed from membership on Oct. 2, 1966.



Business mtg on Dec. 9, 1964


Here is the "lengthy and detailed" report mentioned in the above notes: 





Meeting for financial issue connected to building.


Another meeting over finances.



Probably end of year meeting: both Pastor & Pauline are mentioned.




Ending prayer at meeting by Pastor Applebach





Pastor resigned in May 1966 and went to Emmanuel Baptist Church in Roundup, MT.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY