RESSLER, DANIEL 1801/02 - 1901

RESSLER, DANIEL 1801/02 - 1901

Daniel RESSLER was the son of Jacob and Susanna (BOEHM/BEAM) RESSLER.  At the bottom of this post are several links to other posts on this blog with more info on them and their family.

I wanted to share a photo that I found posted on Ancestry this week titled "Daniel B. RESSLER before 1901".  I have never seen a photo of Daniel.  I wanted to believe it was really a photo of him, but I am all about "proving" it. 

Source: Ancestry - titled Daniel B. Ressler before 1901

After comparing the photo to his son John both as a young man and as an elderly man, I do think that this is a photo of Daniel RESSLER.  Wow, what a find - thanks so much to the person who posted it.

Here is a photo of Daniel's son John both as a young man, and then as an elderly man with his living children in 1915.

Source: my personal collection (previously in the possession of Reba (RESSLER) GARNER)


Source: Personal Collection (previously in possession of Reba (Ressler) Garner)

Other posts with info about Daniel RESSLER:

https://lancastercountyfamilyties.blogspot.com/2012/11/resslerrossler.html

https://lancastercountyfamilyties.blogspot.com/2017/12/dar-application-accepted-ressler.html

https://lancastercountyfamilyties.blogspot.com/2019/01/revisiting-jacob-susanna-boehm-ressler.html


Comments

  1. I stumbled upon your blog today and noticed this post on Daniel B. Ressler (1802-1901). I'm guessing the photo posted above came from my Ancestry.com family tree.
    My aunt has the original picture and written on the back (also posted on Ancestry by me) is "Daniel Ressler, born 1801-March 24th. Died - December 28, 1900. Presented to baby Daniel by his Great Aunt Mary Ressler Herr. June 19, 1956"
    The baby referenced is my father, as he was named after this Daniel. We descend from his son Christian M Ressler (1841-1915). I hope this helps confirm the photo for you. It's become a running joke in my family that many of these types of items can quickly be verified as we have a family trait of writing on everything, even if it meant using Sharpie on a valuable keepsake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY