FRUSTRATION OVER LOST PHOTO

Source: Bing clip art

Many years ago, my grandma gave me an old newspaper article about great uncle John W. Applebach. It was a neat article with a write up about his chair caning and his singing at church revivals in the area.  It also had a photo of him.

I have spent all week looking for this article.  I am sure it is here but where is the question of the week.  I have carefully checked all the APPLEBACH/AFFLERBACH paper files. I have been going through the computer files of documents and photos.  Nothing.

Today I finally just said enough - I will stumble on it unexpectedly down the road.  I wanted to add the photo of him to his memorial on Find A Grave, which is how the search started last week.

What I did discover is a computer file that my wonderful hubby spent a lot of time scanning in old photos.  Instead of a file name, there is only a date.  None of the scanned images have names or titles only the scanning number.  I am thrilled for his help and am not complaining.  But I am not thrilled to not have noticed this file before or changed all those scan numbers to real names.  Sheesh.....another project.

Note to self: follow your own advice. See this post on cleaning and organizing.


Source: Unknown relative


So, before I go any further into research I now need to go back to this file and get the scans named and organized by family and person.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY