Handy Book for Lancaster, PA area

Handy Book for Lancaster, PA area For those of us who have ancestors in Lancaster County and the surrounding area in the 1700's, I would like to suggest finding or making a copy of this booklet for yourself. It is the "Records of Rev. John Casper Stoever - Baptismal and Marriage 1730-1779". It was originally published by Harrisburg Publishing Co. in Harrisburg, PA in 1896. There is nothing promising about the way this booklet looks, but as a circuit riding preacher during those years, Rev. Stoever kept a record of all the people he baptised and married. He spent much of his circuit in southeastern Pennsylvania, however, some locations are in northern Virginia and possibly a small corner of Maryland. I found a copy of it in a genealogy library years ago, and promptly photo copied the less than 100 pages. The copy I have has a more recent typed alphabetical index. I put my copies in a three ring binder with my other genealogy books and reference materials. It is a handy item to have. For anyone with colonial area people in the Lancaster County, PA area - it is like a roster of who's who for common family names. I have no idea if this book can be purchased from a publisher or some website like amazon or ebay, but I would suggest it as a really great item to have on hand.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY