GARNER, RALPH & REBA (RESSLER)


Ralph and Reba Garner:

Here is a photo of them in March 1960 (25th Anniversary?).

My maternal grandparents were the stable hub of my growing up years.  They lived at 1747 Temple Ave in Lancaster, PA from the 1930's until the mid 1990's when grandma went to a nursing home.  Pappy died in 1986 and she lived there until she had a stroke and chose to live in the Mennonite Home.  She didn't want to be a bother to any of us.

The house was always white with dark green trim, and there was a porch swing - when I saw these I knew I was home.  I so wanted to just live with my grandparents, but my father refused to give them custody, so I was shuffled back and forth between long visits with them and wherever my parents happened to be living. My father hated Lancaster County and truly believed he was punishing me by sending me for long visits with them.  Growing up, it was the only place that I could describe as home.

Source: my personal collection

Source: Find A Grave



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISITING JACOB & SUSANNA (BOEHM) RESSLER

WELCOME FOLKS

AFFLERBACH HOUSE IN GERMANY